Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

This year I went simple on my pumpkin pie recipe because my fave recipe for the pie and crust is somewhere in storage and I couldn’t find it. So I used the Libby’s recipe on the back of their canned pumpkin – it’s good and reliable. I also used a store bought graham cracker crust shell. I normally make my crusts from scratch – but this was bought by someone else for me to make, so I just went with the flow.

3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 eggs
1 15 ounce can pumpkin (make sure it's pure pumpkin, not pumpkin pie!)
1 12 fluid ounce can Evaporated Milk

Preheat oven to 425°F. Combine sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Beat eggs lightly in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk. Pour into pie shell - remember to have the pie shell on a cookie sheet (otherwise you will have a huge mess and possibly a bad burn when you try to take it out of the oven!). Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350°F and bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for about 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate (FYI - they don't do well in the freezer).

0 comments:

Post a Comment