Monday, May 31, 2010

Rice Crispy Treats

3 tbsp butter
1 pkg (10 oz) regular or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
6 cups rice cereal

In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Add rice cereal and stir well until coated. Using wax paper (side towards treat generously coated w/ cooking spray), evenly press mixture into 13x9 pan (pan also coated w/ cooking spray). Cut and serve.

WHAT I LEARNED
Number one, can you believe I’m 31 and this is my first time making these? Crazy!

But, the main thing I learned is that this stuff is stickier than you expect. Make sure anything that is going to touch the mixture off the stove is well coated with cooking spray.

And the other thing? Apparently, you can melt the butter and marshmallows in the microwave! Just nuke them on high for abt. 3 minutes, stirring after two. Stir until smooth and then mix with cereal and follow above steps. But I’ll admit I enjoyed doing it on the stove and watching the marshmallows melt.

0 comments:

Post a Comment